The Rate Law
Table of contentsNo headers
1. Synopsis: The author provides an in depth description of the rate law starting with chemical reactions and transitions to rate law equations , the order of reactions and determining reaction rate. While describing the rate laws an in depth description of zero order, first order, and second order reactions is provided. Also in this article an example uses data provided during a post lab and is then utilized to demonstrate the rate law and how to determine what order the reaction is. Along with multiple formulas provided explanations and step by step instructions describing the process are provided. At the end there are multiple practice problems covering the rate law.
2. The module is not ready to go to Vet 2 level yet. There are grammatical errors throughout the document, as well as run on sentences. The information is conveyed in a manner that makes it hard for all readers to grasp. Also there is what appears to be an equation or inserted diagram that is still in computer text, either it was not done correctly or its presence is a mistake. The organization of the module is nice but lengthy.
3. Review Details: While the information provided is accurate and helpful this module would help more students if the information was conveyed in a different manner. The module would be easier to read if it was broken up more with smaller headings. The fact that this module is song long with only four subheadings makes it overbearing to read. The grammatical issues are not too bad but it would improve the readability of the article if they were fixed. While some believe wikipedia is a credible source I would feel more confident in the work if it came from the author and not just an online encyclopedia. I also wish that the table provided at the end of the work was made by the author rather than wikipedia. One thing I enjoyed was the in depth description of the different rate laws, I believe this would help those who do not yet understand it. The problems that were provided at the end were relevant and a good amount.
Figures Questions (if applicable)
2. goggled: integrated rate law, zero-order reaction, & radioactive decay. appears to be no plagerism present.
3. I really like the problems & additional problems. It was a great practice review after learning about the rate law. The solution given for the additional problem #2 was also a very good explanation. I understood the problem more after reading your solution. The information given throughout the page was really organized and flowed well. The page was well put together and the topic was very thoroughly taught & corresponds well with information given in our textbook. Improvements to the page, to add the rocket pictures into the module itself & to add some more visuals, like pictures and videos.
4. Mistake: In the introduction, this was edited from "A fast a reaction occurs depend on the reaction mechanism, the step-by-step molecular pathway leading from the reaction to products." to "How fast a reactoin occurs depends on the reaction mechanism....."